- Concepts that match "depression 2"
Listing concepts that match "depression 2"
Displaying 1 - 50 of 136 in total
- Fd&C Blue No. 2 (Tradjenta)
Brand names: Indigo Carmine, Indigotindisulfonate Sodium, and 1H-Indole-5-Sulfonic Acid, 2-(1,3-Dihydro-3-Oxo-5-Sulfo-2H-Indol-2-Ylidene)-2,3-Dihydro-3-Oxo-, Disodium Salt
Indolesulfonic acid used as a dye in renal function testing for the detection of nitrates and chlorates, and in the testing of milk.
- Depression screen
- Depression screen is very common, occurring 1 in 115 users.
- Postpartum depression
- Clinical depression affecting women (and sometimes men) within 12 months of childbirth. Though the cause is presently unknown, a variety of treatments including therapy, support groups, and medications have been shown to be effective.
- A feeling of profound sadness, guilt, hopelessness, lack of energy and/or worthlessness. Suicide risk is high during depressive episodes and may require emergent hospitalization.
- history of depression
- history of depression is very common, occurring 1 in 9 users.
- Depressive or psychotic symptoms
- A long-standing feeling of lowered mood (e.g. "sad" or "worthless") or elevated mood (e.g. "giddy" or "on top of the world"), as well as strange (e.g. seeing or hearing things that others don't) or disordered thoughts
- A feeling of low mood that won't go away, often described as "sad," "empty, "hopeless," "helpless," or "worthless;" often accompanied by decreased energy and inability to feel pleasure
- Divalproex Sodium (Depakote)
Brand names: Depakote, Sodium Divalproex, and Valproate Semisodium
Valproic acid (VPA), an acidic chemical compound, has found clinical use as an anticonvulsant and mood-stabilizing drug, primarily in the treatment of epilepsy, bipolar disorder, and, less commonly, major depression. It ...
- Fludeoxyglucose F18 (Fdg)
Brand names: Fluorodeoxyglucose F18, Fludeoxyglucose F 18, and Fludeoxyglucose F-18
The compound is given by intravenous injection to do POSITRON-EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY for the assessment of cerebral and myocardial glucose metabolism in various physiological or pathological states including stroke and myocardial ischemia. It is also employed for the detection of malignant tumors including those of the brain, liver, and thyroid gland. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p1162)
Brand names: Tubocurare, Tubocurarine Chloride, and 13H-4,6:21,24-Dietheno-8,12-Metheno-1H-Pyrido(3',2':14,15)(1,11)Dioxacycloeicosino(2,3,4-Ij)Isoquinolinium
A neuromuscular blocker and active ingredient in CURARE; plant based alkaloid of Menispermaceae.
- Bismuth Subcitrate Potassium
Brand names: 1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic Acid, 2-Hydroxy-, Bismuth(3+) Potassium Salt (2:1:5) and Bismuth Pentapotassium Dihydroxide Bis(2-Hydroxypropane-1,2,3-Tricarboxylate Hydrate
Brand names: Lentizol, Elavil, and Domical
Tricyclic antidepressant with anticholinergic and sedative properties. It appears to prevent the re-uptake of norepinephrine and serotonin at nerve terminals, thus potentiating the action of these neurotransmitters. Amitriptyline also appears to antagonize cholinergic and alpha-1 adrenergic responses to bioactive amines.
Brand names: Etrafon 2-10, Etrafon 2-25, and Duo-Vil 2-10
An antipsychotic phenothiazine derivative with actions and uses similar to those of CHLORPROMAZINE.
- Isometheptene Mucate
Brand names: Isometheptene, Galactarate (2:1) (Salt), 4-Hexenylamine, N,1,5-Trimethyl-, Mucate (2:1), and N,1,5-Trimethyl-4-Hexenylamine Mucate
Isometheptene Mucate is very rare, occurring 1 in 78689 users.
Brand names: Vivacaine, Marcaine With Epinephrine 0.25/1:200000, and Marcaine With Epinephrine 0.5/1:200000
The active sympathomimetic hormone from the ADRENAL MEDULLA. It stimulates both the alpha- and beta- adrenergic systems, causes systemic VASOCONSTRICTION and gastrointestinal relaxation, stimulates the HEART, and dilates BRONCHI and cerebral vessels. It is used in ASTHMA and CARDIAC FAILURE and to delay absorption of local ANESTHETICS.
- Iopamidol (Isovue)
Brand names: 1,3-Benzenedicarboxamide, N,N'-Bis(2-Hydroxy-1-(Hydroxymethyl)Ethyl)-5-((2-Hydroxy-1-Oxopropyl)Amino)-2,4,6-Triiodo-, (S)-N,N'-Bis(2-Hydroxy-1-(Hydroxymethyl)Ethyl)-2,4,6-Triiodo-5-Lactamidoisophthalamide, and Isovue
A non-ionic, water-soluble contrast agent which is used in myelography, arthrography, nephroangiography, arteriography, and other radiological procedures.
- Penicillin G Procaine
Brand names: Procaine Penicillin G, 4-Thia-1-Azabicyclo(3.2.0)Heptane-2-Carboxylic Acid, 3,3-Dimethyl-7-Oxo-6-((Phenylacetyl)Amino)-, (2S-(2.Alpha.,5.Alpha.,6.Beta.))-, Compd. With 2-(Diethylamino)Ethyl 4-Aminobenzoate (1:1) Monohydrate, and (2S,5R,6R)-3,3-Dimethyl-7-Oxo-6-(2-Phenylacetamido)-4-Thia-1-Azabicyclo(3.2.0)Heptane-2-Carboxylic Acid Compound With 2-(Diethylamino)Ethyl P-Aminobenzoate (1:1) Monohydrate
Semisynthetic antibiotic prepared by combining penicillin G with PROCAINE.
Brand names: Desyrel, Molipaxin Cr, and Molipaxin
A serotonin uptake inhibitor that is used as an antidepressive agent. It has been shown to be effective in patients with major depressive disorders and other subsets of depressive disorders. It is generally more useful in depressive disorders associated with insomnia and anxiety. This drug does not aggravate psychotic symptoms in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorders. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p309)
Brand names: Suprane
Desflurane (1,2,2,2-tetrafluoroethyl difluoromethyl ether) is a highly fluorinated methyl ethyl ether used for maintenance of general anesthesia. Like halothane, enflurane and isoflurane, it is a racemic mixture of (R) and (S) ...
- Bipolar disorder
- A mental illness in which the patient can lapse into periods of depression or mania. During periods of mania, patients often are full of energy, will spend enormous sums of money, are hyper-sexual or hyper-religious, and are prone to substance abuse.
- Chlorpheniramine (C.P.M.)
Brand names: Sinulin, Actifed Cold & Sinus, and Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Liquigel
A histamine H1 antagonist used in allergic reactions, hay fever, rhinitis, urticaria, and asthma. It has also been used in veterinary applications. One of the most widely used of the classical antihistaminics, it generally causes less drowsiness and sedation than PROMETHAZINE.
Brand names: Capital And Codeine, Colrex, and Ez Iii
An opioid analgesic related to MORPHINE but with less potent analgesic properties and mild sedative effects. It also acts centrally to suppress cough.
- Ethacrynic Acid (Ea)
Brand names: [2,3-Dichloro-4-(2-Methylene-1-Oxobutyl)Phenoxy]Acetic Acid, Ea, and Edecrin
A compound that inhibits symport of sodium, potassium, and chloride primarily in the ascending limb of Henle, but also in the proximal and distal tubules. This pharmacological action results in excretion of these ions, increased urinary output, and reduction in extracellular fluid. This compound has been classified as a loop or high ceiling diuretic.
Brand names: Panhematin
Chloro(7,12-diethenyl-3,8,13,17-tetramethyl-21H,23H-porphine-2,18-dipropanoato(4-)-N(21),N(22),N(23),N(24)) ferrate(2-) dihydrogen.
Brand names: Tofranil, Tofranil-Pm, and Pramimil
The prototypical tricyclic antidepressant. It has been used in major depression, dysthymia, bipolar depression, attention-deficit disorders, agoraphobia, and panic disorders. It has less sedative effect than some other members of this therapeutic group.
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
Brand names: Marplan
An MAO inhibitor that is effective in the treatment of major depression, dysthymic disorder, and atypical depression. It also is useful in the treatment of panic disorder and the phobic disorders. (From AMA, Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p311)
- Mefenamic Acid
Brand names: 2-((2,3-Dimethylphenyl)Amino)Benzoic Acid, Anthranilic Acid, N-2,3-Xylyl-, and Ponstel
A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent with analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic properties. It is an inhibitor of cyclooxygenase.
Brand names: Pamelor, Aventyl, and Notriptyline
A metabolite of AMITRIPTYLINE that is also used as an antidepressive agent. Nortriptyline is used in major depression, dysthymia, and atypical depressions.
- Phenylephrine (Duramax)
Brand names: Colrex, Covangesic, and Emagrin Forte
An alpha-1 adrenergic agonist used as a mydriatic, nasal decongestant, and cardiotonic agent.
- Pseudoephedrine (Pcm-La)
Brand names: Sinutab, Drixoral Sinus, and Robitussin Night Relief
A phenethylamine that is an isomer of EPHEDRINE which has less central nervous system effects and usage is mainly for respiratory tract decongestion.
- Simethicone (Degas)
Brand names: Flatulex, Gelusil, and Mylanta
A poly(dimethylsiloxane) which is a polymer of 200-350 units of dimethylsiloxane, along with added silica gel. It is used as an antiflatulent, surfactant, and ointment base.
- Tranylcypromine (Parnate)
Brand names: Parnate
A propylamine formed from the cyclization of the side chain of amphetamine. This monoamine oxidase inhibitor is effective in the treatment of major depression, dysthymic disorder, and atypical depression. It also is useful in panic and phobic disorders. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p311)
- Uracil Mustard
Brand names: Uramustine, 5-(Bis-(2-Chloroethyl) Amino) Uracil, and 5-[Bis(2-Chloroethyl)Amino]Uracil
Nitrogen mustard derivative of URACIL. It is a alkylating antineoplastic agent that is used in lymphatic malignancies, and causes mainly gastrointestinal and bone marrow damage.
- Valproic Acid
Brand names: 2-Propylpentanoic Acid, 2-Propylvaleric Acid, and Di-N-Propylacetic Acid
A fatty acid with anticonvulsant properties used in the treatment of epilepsy. The mechanisms of its therapeutic actions are not well understood. It may act by increasing GAMMA-AMINOBUTYRIC ACID levels in the brain or by altering the properties of voltage dependent sodium channels.
- Gadoteridol (Prohance)
Brand names: Gd-Hp-Do3A, Gadoteridolum, and (10-(2-Hydroxypropyl)-1,4,7,10-Tetraazacyclododecane-1,4,7-Triacetato)Gadolinium
Gadoteridol (INN) is a gadolinium-based MRI contrast agent, used particularly in the imaging of the central nervous system. It is sold under the brand name ProHance.
Brand names: Duodote and Protopam Chloride
Pralidoxime (2-pyridine aldoxime methyl chloride,) or 2-PAM, usually as the chloride or methiodide salts, belongs to a family of compounds called oximes that bind to organophosphate-inactivated acetylcholinesterase. It is used to ...
- Gadobenate Dimeglumine (Multihance)
Brand names: (4Rs)-[4-Carboxy-5,8,11-Tris(Carboxymethyl)-1-Phenyl-2-Oxa-5,8,11-Triazatridecan-13-Oato(5-)] Gadolinate(2-) Dihydrogen Compound With 1-Deoxy-1-(Methylamino)-D-Glucitol (1:2), Gd-Bopta, and Multihance
Gadobenic acid (tradename MultiHance) is a complex of gadolinium with the ligand BOPTA. In the form of the diglumine salt it functions as a gadolinium-based MRI contrast medium, under the trade ...
- Gadoversetamide (Optimark)
Brand names: Optimark and (N,N-Bis(2-((Carboxymethyl)(((2-Methoxyethyl)Carbamoyl)Methyl)Amino)Ethyl)Glycinato(3-))Gadolinium
Gadoversetamide is a gadolinium-based MRI contrast agent, particularly for imaging of the brain, spine and liver. It is marketed under the trade name OptiMARK.
- Gallium 67 Citrate
Brand names: Gallium-67 Citrate, Gallium Citrate Ga-67, and 1,2,3-Propanetricarboxylic Acid, 2-Hydroxy-, Gallium-(Sup 67)Ga(1:1) Salt
- Dysthymic disorder
- Similar to depression but generally less severe. Patients often feel hopeless, have difficulty sleeping, sleep too much, have difficulty concentrating, and may be irritable. If the patient voices suicidal thoughts, call 911 immediately.
- A syndrome characterized by 'trigger points' which are overly painful to the touch. Fibromyalgia is a neuropsychiatric syndrome and often coexists with depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Hydatidiform mole
- A noncancerous mass or growth of tissue that forms inside of the womb at the beginning of pregnancy. The exact cause is not fully understood, but it is due to a major problem during conception, leading to a nonviable fertilized egg (for instance, sperm combining with an egg without DNA or an egg combining with 2 sperms)
- A group of tumors arising from the meninges, the membranes that cover and support the brain and spinal cord. A large majority, though not all, are noncancerous. The exact cause is not known, though certain medical conditions, such as neurofibromatosis type 2, increase the risk.
- Smoking or tobacco addiction
- A compulsive need to continue using products containing nicotine (e.g. smoking cigarettes or cigars, chewing tobacco, etc.). Stopping nicotine use leads to withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and headaches.
- Substance-related mental disorder
- Any mental health condition, including withdrawal, disorders of thinking like delirium or psychosis, and mood disorders like depression, that are primarily due to drug abuse.
- Poisoning due to antidepressants
- An overdose of medications used to treat depression. Depending upon the exact medication, the symptoms vary, though they can all be life-threatening. Common antidepressants include SSRI's (e.g. Prozac, Zoloft), tricyclics (e.g. amitriptyline, doxepin), MAOI's (e.g. phenelzine, selegeline), etc. Antidepressants may be used for a variety of conditions, including anxiety, Parkinson's disease, obsessive compulsive disorder, etc.
- Premenstrual tension syndrome
- Commonly known as "PMS," this is a group of emotional symptoms, sometimes accompanied by physical symptoms, that occur in women 1 or 2 weeks prior to menstruation (i.e. "the period") and stop once menstruation begins. The exact cause is unknown.
- Ear drum damage
- Similar to depression, but generally less severe. Patients often feel hopeless, have difficulty sleeping or sleep too much, have difficulty concentrating, and may be irritable. If the patient voices suicidal thoughts, call 911 immediately.
- Extrapyramidal effect of drugs
- Extrapyramidal symptoms include muscle spasms, a feeling of restlessness of the limbs, rigidity, tremor, slowed movements, inability to initiate purposeful movements, facial grimacing, and lip smacking. They are often a side effect of medications that reduce levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine. These include many anti-psychotic medications, certain anti-nausea medications, and certain anti-depressant medications.
- Aluminum Hydroxide (M.A.H.)
Brand names: Gaviscon, Gelusil, and Maalox
A compound with many biomedical applications: as a gastric antacid, an antiperspirant, in dentifrices, as an emulsifier, as an adjuvant in bacterins and vaccines, in water purification, etc.
Listing facilities that match "depression 2"